Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas!

School is out for the holidays.  I have twenty days of freedom!  Five of those days will be spent in Athens and another five in Paris.  I will not be bored this year!  I may, however, be broke, but it is totally worth it!




The only reason I went to school today was because there was a Christmas carol concert this morning.  I got to listen to my kids sing unintelligibly and off-key.  But it was definitely cute.  Only the sixth graders bothered to learn a song in English.  I tried to take some video, but the lighting was awful, so it isn't worth taking the time to upload.



When I got back home from school, I found a note from the postman that I could go pick up my package at the local post office because no one was home when he came to deliver.  So after lunch and a nap, I set out in the icy rain to claim my present.  My awesome friend Brett baked me gingerbread cookies, decorated them, wrapped them up in bubble wrap and mailed them to me!

And now I'm back at home waiting for my laundry to finish (and hoping it will dry in time - I leave the 24th) so that I can pack.  I hope everyone else is enjoying their holidays!  ¡Feliz Navidad!

1 comment:

  1. those are some mighty fine looking cookies, Lisa! A christmas tree and tire spokes? I kid! I'm just a Floridian that doesn't know what snow looks like ;)

    ReplyDelete