Monday, December 21, 2009

Snow day number two


Well, sort of.  Monday, December 21, 2009.  It snowed in the wee hours this morning before the sun came up.  After sunrise, once it started to warm up slightly, it stopped snowing, and started drizzling.


With the onset of rain, the snow on the ground started to melt.  By the time I left for work, it was like walking (or driving for some) through a Slurpee.  I had to be careful not to slip and fall in it.  I am so glad that my boots got here before the snow.

At school they had the play areas roped off so that the children wouldn't run around and hurt themselves.  And although I think that was a good idea in itself, it also allowed me to get some pictures of the school grounds covered in an undisturbed blanket of white.


Happy Winter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment